ORAFON PREMIUM PAG A & Ayf
PAG Lubricants have been developed for automotive applications, specially with the use of R-134a, R-1234yf, R-12 Refrigerant Gas.
ORAFON PREMIUM PAG A & Ayf are a mixture of Polyalkylene Glycols and Additives specially formulated to achieve a better lubricity, chemical and thermal stability as well as an excellent anti-wear protection of the A/C System with R-134a, R-1234yf, R-12, as well as for Electric Compressors. And thanks to the quality of its double-end-capped formula.
Key Benefit :
– Excellent Lubricant ability ;
– Hydrolytic Stability ;
– High Compatibility with the materials of all kind of Systems, both new and old ones (with a constant attention to their evolution over the time) ;
– Excellent properties at low temperature ;
– Low Toxicity and high biodegradability level, always following our green philosophy precepts ;
– Reduced Hygroscopicity and Additive anti humidity ;
– High Thermal Stability to Oxidation ;
– High Solubility performances with Refrigerants ;
– Optimal Miscibility with Refrigerants ;
– Even more in Double-end-capped Technology* ;
* Double-end-capped VS Single-end-capped
PAG Lubricant is a Polymer, a chain composed of single joined by the Hydroxyl (OH). OH terminals remain free, allowing the Hydroxyl group to have a polar behavior. These terminals can be protected (end-capped) by different organic molecules. The choice of the number of protection and the type of protection (if it is present) confers different properties to the lubricant.
The protection of both terminals (double-end-capped technology) decreases the affinity with water, its hygroscopicity, oxidation and deterioration trend. Double-end-capped lubricants are therefore much more stable: no conveying moisture and acidity in the system, it also reduces the risk of corrosion.
ORAFON has developed the best capped technology solutions for R-134a refrigerants and subsequently for R-1234yf and CO2, in order to continuously improve the stability and efficiency.
ORAFON PREMIUM PAG C
ORAFON PAG C are new Polyalkylene Glycol that guarantee high-performances in A/C Systems with CO2. CO2 is a Refrigerant with a complex and delicate balance, which requires outstanding performances to the Lubricant. PAG for CO2 offer a better miscibility with CO2 in a wide range of concentrations and temperatures. This means: excellent lubricating properties and higher efficiency for the Refrigeration System.
ORAFON PAG C for CO2 have a reduced Hygroscopicity (if compared to normal PAG, which is unprotected to hydroxyl and used with other refrigerants). These Oils also have High Chemical Stability, Thermal and Hydrolysis Resistance.
CO2 offers unfavorable characteristics in normal Refrigeration Applications, with a very high discharging pressure and a very low critical temperature (31°C – 74 bar). This situation requires sub and supercritical operating conditions in single-stage Systems with delivery pressure exceeding 100 bar. In addition, the energy performance is lower than the conventional vapor compression process.
However, in applications with potentially high rates of dispersion and where flammable refrigerants cannot be used for safety reasons, there are opportunities to use CO2. For example, CO2 is a valid option for Air Conditioning Systems in Automotive. For commercial and industrial refrigeration units, CO2can be used as a secondary fluid in a Cascade System.
Most of the conventional lubricants such as Mineral and Alkylbenzene oils are not soluble with CO2. The Polyol Ester (POE) show good miscibility properties, however this may cause a drastic Viscosity reduction.
PAG for CO2 show miscibility with CO2 in a wide range of temperatures and lubricant concentrations.But the viscosity properties of Polyalkylene glycols remain unchanged and the decrease of viscosity (observed with POE) does not happen in PAG lubricants under dilution with CO2.
Key Benefit :
– Miscibility with CO2 in a wide range of lubricant concentration and temperature ;
– Reduced hygroscopic than a PAG without protection in the process of absorbing water ;
– High chemical stability to heat and hydrolysis ;
– Excellent lubricating capacity ;
– Protection Terminals Technology and Protective Element Choice (Capped or Multi-capped)* ;
* Several performance advantages are associated with the use of PAG for CO2 as Synthetic Lubricants for Refrigeration with CO2. A typical Polyalkylene Glycol generally consists of Polymer chains terminated with a Hydroxyl group that is chemically active at one end. On the contrary, a protected PAG is a chemically inactive group at both ends of the molecule. PAG for CO2, based on the “capped PAG” technology, provide effective lubrication for Refrigeration Units and compression. Protection technology (“capped” technology) also provides improved lubricity for CO2 Systems. High efficiency of the process typically results in about 95% for PAG for the C02 range.